Easy Mango Sticky Rice
A classic Thai dessert made simple, this Easy Mango Sticky Rice is creamy, refreshing and will transport you right to the tropics!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Thai
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 1/2 cup sugar or agave*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 Mango sliced or cubed
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Cook rice according to directions on package.
- In a medium saucepan warm the coconut milk over medium heat
- Add sugar or agave and stir until dissolved/incorporated
- Bring to a low boil, then remove from heat.
- Add 3/4 of the sauce to the cooked rice and mix well.
- Refrigerate until chilled, then serve with mangos and additional sauce if desired.
- Add more or less sugar to taste depending on how sweet you would like your sauce to be.
- Optional variation: you can also add 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom to the sauce
Keywords: easy, mango, coconut, sticky rice, dessert