Easy Holiday Wassail
Nothing says the holidays like this Easy Holiday Wassail! It’s a warm, spiced apple cider punch that’s sweet, tangy and perfectly spiced. Plus it makes the entire house smell just wonderful!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 quarts real apple cider
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 3/4 cup orange juice, no pulp
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar (or 1/2 cup honey, to taste)
- 1 heaping teaspoon of whole cloves
- 3–4 whole cinnamon sticks
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot on the stove top, or a slow cooker.
- For the stovetop method, bring to a rolling boil, boil for a minute or two, then reduce heat and simmer on low for 45 minutes to an hour.
- For the slow cooker method, add all ingredients to a large slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Store leftover wassail in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Reheat in the microwave, stovetop or slow cooker.
*Recipe adapted from my good friend, Megan Salin.
Keywords: wassail, holiday, Christmas, drink, easy recipes, slow cooker