This amazing fat-free Cranberry Orange Bread combines the sweet and tangy citrus of orange with the tart pop of cranberries. The result – the best, most moist cranberry bread ever! It is perfect for the holidays and makes wonderful gifts too!
Not only is this Cranberry Orange Bread festive and perfect for the holiday season, but it is also DEElicious! It is one of my first and favorite things to bake as soon as cranberries show up in grocery stores in the fall.
The cranberry-orange combo is a winner for sure. Not sure who decided to first pair these two items together, but they were GENIUS! The tangy sweet citrus of the orange combined with the tart pop of cranberry (plus a little sugar wink wink) results in such a burst of flavor that your taste buds will be dancing in your mouth and begging for more.
This Cranberry Orange Bread recipe has been one my family has been making for years. It’s from Karen L. Pellegrin’s cookbook Fat-Free Desserts c. 1995, and is absolutely amazing! My mom used to make large batches and freeze some and then we would pull it out for special occasions like big family dinners, Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was always a favorite and everyone asked for the recipe!
The best part about this bread is that it is so quick and easy! No hand chopping required here folks! Just toss those cranberries in your food processor and pulse a few times until you have coarsely chopped pieces. Mix your dry ingredients together, wet ingredients together, combine and then stir in your cranberries and orange zest and you’re ready to go. I told you it was easy!
You can serve this Cranberry Orange Bread at Thanksgiving, Christmas brunch, or for dessert at a family gather during the holidays! It also makes wonderful gifts! I love to bake mini loaves, wrap them up with festive ribbon, and take them to friends and family for the holidays!
Happy cooking friends! And don’t forget to pin this recipe below!
Cranberry Orange Bread
This Cranberry Orange Bread combines the sweet and tangy citrus of orange with the tart pop of cranberries. The result – the best, most moist cranberry bread ever! It is perfect for the holidays and makes wonderful gifts too!
- Total Time: 80-90 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 12 oz. bag fresh cranberries
- 1–2 tablespoons orange rind zest, finely grated (I love this zester!)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts sprinkled on top (optional, I skipped this step this time)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit. Grease loaf pan (or mini loaf pans).
- Bowl #1: Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda).
- Bowl #2: Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, sugar, vanilla, juice and corn syrup).
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix well.
- In a food processor, pulse the cranberries until they are coarsely chopped. Add cranberries and orange rind zest to the batter and mix well.
- Pour batter into greased pans and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let sit and cool for a few minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to finish cooling.
*Recipe adapted from Karen L. Pellegrin’s cookbook Fat-Free Desserts c. 1995
I’m excited to be sharing this recipe as part of Cranberry Week – now in it’s third year! See all the tasty cranberry recipes being shared today below and follow #cranberryweek on social media for more ideas all week long.
- Bourbon Cranberry Sauce from Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Apple Pie from The Redhead Baker
- Cranberry Almond Shortbread Tart from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cranberry Cheese Ball from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Chipotle Glazed Baked Salmon from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread from Our Good Life
- Cranberry Ice Cream from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cranberry Orange Bread from The Saucy Fig
- Cranberry-Orange Glazed Ham from Cooking For My Soul
- Cranberry Orange Scones from A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Fall Pizza with Sausage and Squash from Caroline’s Cooking
- Glazed Cranberry Almond Squares from Family Around the Kitchen
- Hot Spiced Cranberry Orange Cocktail from The Gingered Whisk
- Lamb Lollipops with Cranberry-Apple Mostarda from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Maple Honey Cranberry Sauce from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Quinoa with Turkey, Brussels Sprouts & Cranberries from Books n’ Cooks
- Real Cranberry Gummy Bears from Daily Dish Recipes